Call for Papers
Contributions are solicited for presentation with a primary interest in topics that support the Test and Evaluation (T&E)
of Directed Energy Weapons (DEW), both HEL and HPM/HPRF, and activities that support the transition of DEW system, sub-system,
or technology toward an operational system. A goal is to leverage the model of the DEPS DE Systems Symposium
(Monterey, California, 25-29 September 2017) and seek topics related to the T&E of the Symposiumís DoD systems of interest, as well as broader
topics including but not limited to:
- DE System Symposiumís DoD systems and their T&E planning efforts
- GBAD- Marine Corps Ground Based Air Defense
- HADES - Air Force High-power Adaptive Directed Energy Weapon
- HELMTT- Army High Energy Laser Mobile Test Truck
- HIJENKS - Joint Navy-Air Force High Power Electromagnetic Non-Kinetic Strike
- LWSD - Navy Laser Weapon System Demonstrator
- SHiELD - Air Force Self-Protect High Energy Laser Demonstrator
- DE T&E Instrumentation and Facilities
- Current instrumentation to include strengths and limitations
- Emerging/developing instrumentation programs to include S&T and SBIR/STTR
- Laser and RF test facility capabilities
- DE T&E planning and execution challenges, specifically issues and solutions associated with executing current and
future laboratory and field testing of DEW systems
- Predictive Avoidance and Battlespace Deconfliction
- Range safety
- Range coordination and planning
- Resources for pretest predictions and data analysis
- DE T&E Results
- Both laboratory and field results
- Counter weapon system results
- Counter ISR results
- DEW effects
- DE S&T efforts in support of planned T&E efforts
Note that all persons wishing to present at the DE T&E Conference will be required to submit an abstract.
(See Submission Instructions section below.) Important dates for presenters are listed in the table below.
|Important Dates for Presenters|
17 November 2017
- Abstracts due
- 1 December 2017
- Authors notified of acceptance
- 22 December 2017
- Presentations due with release forms
- 5 January 2018
- Papers due with release forms
- 16-18 January 2018
- DE T&E Conference
General information on the submission of abstracts, presentations, papers and release forms is provided here. Specific
information on sending presentations and papers will be provided below soon. Presentations and papers will be considered
for acceptance at open, public release level and at Distribution Limitation D.
Note that it is the responsibility of the lead author to obtain all approvals and releases for
submitted abstracts, presentations, and papers. All submitted materials including unclassified presentations
must be appropriately marked for any distribution restrictions.
Additionally, please identify the presenter (if different from the lead author) and update contact information.
All persons wishing to present at the 2018 DE T&E Conference must submit an abstract for consideration. Abstracts must be
unclassified and are due on or before 17 November 2017. Abstracts are to be
submitted online by completing this form.
Authors will be notified on or before 1 December of acceptance of their paper for presentation and/or publication.
Authors may choose whether to release either the title or the abstract online.
Those who do not yet have public release approval are encouraged to submit the abstract before the deadline and select the
appropriate options on the submission form to keep the details off the Website listing. Authors may also make arrangements
to submit classified or limited distribution material. To do so, authors should submit a place-holder title and abstract
through the online submission form and follow the instructions there that are suitable for their material.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any technical issues regarding
abstract submission. Subject matter questions regarding abstracts should be directed to a member of
symposium technical committee.
Note: While an automated email is sent confirming receipt of your abstract, some military
domains may block delivery of such an email. If you do not receive email confirmation, you may check this
online listing of submitted abstracts. This listing is dynamically generated based on
abstracts received at the time the page is displayed and author permission (granted when submitted). If the title of your
abstract is contained in this listing, it has been received by DEPS.