|USS Paul Foster, the Self Defense Test Ship
- Early sign-in in Embassy Suites lobby
- Plenary session of invited speakers
- Breakout technical sessions at classified and unclassified levels
- Optional tour at Port Hueneme
- Co-located Directed Energy Education Workshop
- Preliminary short course list
- Introduction to High Energy Laser Systems
- Introduction to High Power Microwave Systems
- Introduction to Beam Control
- Beam Directors 101
- Introduction to Tri-Service Lethality Science
- Atmospheric Laser Propagation
- Thermal Management Technologies
- High Power Microwave Modeling and Effects
- Beam Control Technology Assessment Report
- Introduction of newly elected DEPS Directors
- Induction of DEPS Fellows
The Annual Directed Energy Science and Technology Symposium will be held from 26 February to 2 March 2018 in Oxnard, California,
Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach and at nearby off-site facilities.
The Annual DE S&T Symposium focuses on sub-systems and component research and development aspects of DE in a
mixed access environment.
Portions of the Symposium will be conducted at the Secret level, and others at the unclassified but limited
distribution levels. The Symposium commitee intends to offer unclassified and open sessions so that all
attendees will have participation options at all times.
Proceedings of the Symposium will be published. See our
Online Store for proceedings of previous Annual Directed Energy Symposia.
Program and Agenda
|NAVAIR Laser Facility
preliminary technical agenda is available. This
online listing of submitted abstracts
provides more details for many of the presentations.
The DEPS Board of Directors has made
substantial program changes to DEPS Symposia,
which involve making their programs more distinct. What has been the Annual Directed
Energy Symposium has been renamed the Annual Directed Energy Science and Technology Symposium.
Its scope is now focused on the basic physics and engineering research and development to support
directed energy, to distinguish it from the Directed Energy Systems Symposium.
The program of the DE S&T Symposium will be composed of a collection of independent conferences. The Calls for Papers for
these conferences will be available on this Web site.
Many of the features
of the Annual DE Symposium have been retained, such as the seating of the newly elected DEPS Directors
and the induction of new DEPS Fellows. In light of this continuity, the numbering of the Annual Directed Energy Symposium
is retained. This will be the 20th Annual Directed Energy Science and Technology Symposium.
The overview of the Annual DE S&T Symposium agenda is provided here.
|Preliminary Overview Agenda|
Monday, 26 February
- Short Courses
- Tuesday, 27 February
- Opening Plenary Talks - morning
- Technical Breakout Sessions - afternoon
- Reception - evening
- Wednesday, 28 February
- Technical Breakout Sessions
- Thursday, 1 March
- Technical Breakout Sessions
- Friday, 2 March
- Optional Tour at Port Hueneme
Last updated: 16 February 2018